Saturday, April 4, 2009

My first tattoo

I wrote this March 21st:

Okay, so, I got my first tattoo yesterday. On my upper back. I sat for five hours including breaks. I don't think I could've sat there for much longer, unless I knew there wasn't much more work to be done. I tried to distract myself by listening to Andrea (thank you a million times for coming with me!) and The Beatles, but it didn't really work. It was pppainful, but holy fucking crap, the result is amazing. I have lots of red marks on my forearm after pinching myself really hard with my nails and my back is sore and the shading and coloring on the same spot over and over and over again yesterday was awful. But yes, sssooo worth it. All the tiny details and the colors and the way things fade into each other and the shading and the whole picture and and and. Just... amazing. So much better than I ever imagined.

I hadn't told my mom or any other family member I was doing it. My mom knew I was probably getting a tattoo, but I had told her my appointment had been delayed a couple of weeks and she didn't know I was going to do this motive. My cousin and aunt is visiting from Copenhagen this weekend and we were having a family dinner last night and I was a couple of hours late for it. I tried to cover up, pretend I was doing something else, but when I was on my way home I told mom what neighborhood I'd been in and she figured out what I'd been doing. But she was not expecting this big, amazing piece of art. Everyone absolutely loved it, both the surprise element and the tattoo itself.

Enough chitter-chatter. Picture time!

Photo taken by Andrea Bruer.


My mom (mamma = mom) cried when she saw it. Happy tears, of course.
Click on photos to see larger versions.

Oh shittt, this thing is on my back. I can't believe it and I can't stop looking at the photo.

--

It has almost finished healing now. I still lllove it (phew!). And I'm very excited about my next one, whenever that will be.

No comments: