Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy bee


Kate Nash
Originally uploaded by rompetaske

I've done a lot of stuff this last week, finally taking advantage of this city more than I have before. I went to Brooklyn a couple of days last weekend, saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and hung out in several parks (the Central one and Prospect Park in Brooklyn). And the whole school went to Ellis Island on Sunday,

and in the evening Mari (a girl from school) and I went to the UCB theater where ASSSSCAT performs each Sunday. It's an improv show with Amy Poehler in the lead. It was hilarious. Jason Sudeikis from SNL was there, and of course Amy too. A guy from 30 Rock was there. And one of the girls from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (the least famous one, haha).

This week I've done some summer shopping, been to a sculpture exhibition opening, had dinner and seen a movie with my philosophy class at the philosophy lecturer's house, had my first mani- and pedicure, been to a Kate Nash concert (picture) and today I'm planning on walking around a bit downtown and then probably end up in the park and read or something.

Tribeca Film Festival started this week, a lot of people from school are volunteers there, but I signed up too late. Anyway, in that occasion, Amy Poehler is speaking at the Apple Store in SoHo tomorrow evening, probably about her new movie Baby Mama which premiered at the film festival. I wanna go.

No comments: