Monday, April 5, 2010

I ♥ NY

You can stand under my umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh. You're welcome.

I'm back from New York. It was aamaaazingly, fantastically awesome. It sort of felt like I never left, with everything being exactly as I remembered it. Almost everything. The Virgin Megastore on Union Square is gone, the little Mexican place near our old subway stop is gone. And so on. Generally my old 'hood was a lot more "cool" now, but that's what happens when prices go upppp everywhere. I saw some of The New School buildings and I absolutely love that neighborhood, right next to Union Square which is one of my favorite squares in Manhattan. I got a tiny tattoo. I met Kine. The weather was wonderful my last couple of days there, so we hung out in parks a lot. I have hhhhot new shoes that are so high-heeled I can't walk in them. We saw street dancers asking for dollars as opposed to change like Obama on subway stations. We ate dinner next to Larry David at Balthazar, walked past Ben Whishaw and his boyfriend in West Village, took the same subway car as Tim Gunn downtown. We saw rats, squirrels, pigeons. We went to a comedy show and was placed on the first row and messed with a lot because we're Norwegians. We ate bagels, pretzels, cheese cake, burgers, gigantic milkshakes (at the Seinfeld café), M&M's with peanut butter. I sat next to some kind of therapist on Starbucks and she was having a phone session with a client right next to me. He apparently had some anxiety and argued a lot with his mother, but it seemed like he finally had gotten somewhere to live and a job.

Only in New York, folks.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Ååå! Fin oppsummering! :)
Vil tilbake. For en fantastisk tur det var!

Amitolane said...

The problem with me is when I am in New York - I never look at people. I just mind my business and usually look at the buildings or the trees or the cars when I am crossing the road. Furthermore I am virtually blind w/o my specs. So I never see or recognise anyone except once I was at Saks when I walked by Carolina Herrera talking on her cellphone. You cannot miss that woman - she is strikingly beautiful. Celebrities love New York cos they can walk freely on the streets - not worrying about people bothering them.

Anyways, I am a fan of Ben and saw The Pride on Valentine's Eve at Christopher Street's Lucille Lortel MCC Theater. Utterly amazed by his performance. Its just a huge shame he was not nominated for an Off Broadway award :(

Glad you saw him cos another fan reported that he'll be staying another week after the play ended and enjoy New York. No doubt about it he'll be watching as many plays as he can - the boy loves em.

Did he look like he was enjoying himself?