Thursday, August 19, 2010

TOURING THE EAST COAST

Day 1 of my New York/New Brunswick tour is well in effect. I have not yet learned to sit next to strangers on the subway. I have purchased a subway card for 30 days. I have been approached by two people at different occasions concerning my flowery stockings, they both thought they were tattoos. I met Cory, who knew who I was when I told someone else my last name (I was signing in at the orientation session, I don't usually give people my last name out of the blue). I met some fellow students and New School faculty and received an awesome New School bag with paper and information in it. I am currently sitting in Starbucks at Union Square stealing their intarwebs without buying anything. I have the PIN I need to register for class. I have three appointments to view apartments. I didn't immediately find the shoes I've been drooling over online in the right size at the actual store, but I was in too big of a rush to ask anyone. I have yet to see any celebrities or squirrels. It feels great and surreal and amazing and dreamy. I am here. I live here.

No comments: