Sunday, January 6, 2008

One month away

In celebration of me being ONE MONTH AWAY FROM GOING TO NEW YORK, I'm writing this entry. Have I already started a pattern? Hah. Nah, I just had some stuff to write and why not do it on a Sunday.

I got my embassy interview a lot later than planned, but I've been there and I'm pretty much done with it. I was there on Thursday and I haven't actually gotten my visa yet, but hopefully nothing will go wrong. I'm expecting it tomorrow or maybe on Tuesday.
The "interview" was very weird. I got there fifteen minutes before my appointment and I had to wait outside for like an hour. The security level there is very high, like on airports. When I finally got in to the security check I had to leave everything, you're only allowed to bring money, your passport and your visa applications with you inside. And when I got inside I had to wait another hour. For an "interview" that only lasted five minutes and was held in the same room you wait in.

It was okay though, not as scary as I thought. She just asked me what I'll be doing in the US and if I have any close family there and such. And now I'm done with it.

It was also the first real snow day. The day before I was whining about how I wanted snow to come, but that was before I knew I had to stand an hour outside in it. Nah, it was okay, I still love snow and it has hardly stopped snowing since. It's beautiful outside.


Click for more pictures.
Just outside the front door to my building.

No comments: