Monday, March 28, 2011

Introspective

What I missed out on in the social interaction department last night, I definitely made up for today. What a crazy evening. I'm continually reminded of the fact that I'm not the shy 18-year-old me who's scared of looking people in the eyes. My smalltalk skills have skyrocketed from non-existent to willingly talking to strangers for hours. I did that tonight.

I went to this improv show by myself and a girl new to the show started asking me questions while we were standing in line and I hung out with her and her boyfriend the rest of the evening. She's Swedish, the kind that actually grew up there and speaks the language, but her family moved to California about five years ago. This is where these guys still live, they were just visiting New York for a couple of days. They were fun and we talked to some other people in line and I'm never gonna see any of them again. I find that to be such a scary thought. Maybe it's more bizarre than scary. I didn't get any numbers, I don't even know if I got all of their names correct.

People I've met the last few years don't believe me when I say I'm shy, 'cause apparently I'm not anymore. I'm really liking this outgoing me, it's the beginning of something big.

Here's a photo I took at MoMA today when I went to see the Norwegian film Happy, Happy (Sykt lykkelig) at the New Directors/New Films film festival. I really liked it and after the screening this new version of me went up to the director to tell her I liked her movie.


I think it's pretty fitting to the overall theme of this post. I'm being introspective while suddenly finding myself in these new situations.

No comments: